Through six impact volunteering programs, Mayor Buddy Dyer's Cities of Service Initiative moves the needle on Orlando's educational achievement and health.
- Mayor Buddy’s Book Club encourages leisure time reading and creative expression, improving literacy in the community by making reading fun.
- Preschool Ambassadors engages families in early literacy activities, increasing pre-kindergarten literacy instruction.
- The Garden is an after-school program for Orlando’s youth which provides a safe and constructive opportunity to connect with nature.
- PathFinders is an after-school program that gives middle school students opportunities to learn about themselves, their values and goals, while developing a path toward a successful future through career exploration and academic planning.
- Third Grade Reads, powered by Read2Succeed, is a research-based, in-school program designed to increase third grade reading levels by improving second graders’ reading fluency and enhancing first graders’ vocabulary.
- Take Heart Orlando is a community-wide Hands Only CPR/AED Initiative implemented by the Orlando Fire Department to increase the cardiac save-rate of our residents.
"We have created volunteer opportunities that impact educational outcomes and contribute to the well-being of our community."Mayor Buddy Dyer